Extend the Life of Your Mattress
Care and Use
You can extend the lifespan of your mattress through proper care.
- Don’t bend (as in around corners, etc.) your innerspring mattress because its innards can be permanently damaged
- Rotate and flip your mattress according to the manufacturers specifications.
- Use a foundation designed for your mattress.
- Do not exert great force on the mattress handles. This may not seem logical, but those handles are not there to tie rope to and haul to the second floor…
- You can use a mattress pad to keep the mattress free of stains. If stained, use mild soap and cold water – rub lightly. Never soak a mattress or a foundation.
- Use a vacuum cleaner for regular cleaning.
Most manufacturers offer suggestions for care. If not adhered to, the mattress may fail prematurely. Be sure to follow the manufacturers instructions to stay within warranty requirements. Recently, manufacturers have produced one-sided mattresses that do not need to be flipped and in some cases, do not need to be turned. Check back often as this page will be updated frequently with more information on caring for your sleep set.